Pages

Monday, July 9, 2012

Room Sneak Peek

I have always envied the truly themed rooms that I see all over the place.  I would love to just jump in an go full themed.  That however is too expensive for me so I'm going with a more gradual approach.  Here are some of the things I have already done to go with my Hollywood/movie theme.


This is my environmental print board.  I have created boxes that resemble real candy boxes and used fonts to match to add students names to this board as well.  I will have to try to get a picture of them.


I created a set of alphabet posters to go with the theme.  Unfortunately the school color printer came out really dark so you can't see the letters very well.  I am going to add some foam letters to them to make it pop out better.  They are super cute though.  Each one has a kid movie that start with that letter.  A few took some googling to figure out! : )  I am going to put the popcorn words on clothespins and hang them on the ribbon under the letters.

The next set of pictures are not truly Hollywood/movie themed.  But they are more cleaned up and made to match more.


These are my leveled readers.  I have a love/hate relationship with this shelf.  It is low and easy for my kids to access.  But look at it!!  It is ugly.  Do you see the green part between J and K where the paint has peeled?  UGLY!  I plan to paint the whole thing (and all my other shelves) black when I can get back into my room.


This board holds our word attack strategies and the beanie babies that go with them.  Still needs a cute header and an eagle beanie.  Again I don't have $10 to spend on a stuffed animal so thrift store searching continues.


Another revamped bulletin board.  This has my voice level chart, high five reward system I posted about previously, and the PBS expectations for my class.


I LOVE this board!  It is contact paper on my white board.  It was such a pain to put on but it looks so nice!  I posted the FACES headers here.

Well that is all I have for pictures for now.  I'll take more when I get back into my room!

2 comments:

Kindertrips said...

I love your classroom. You have some very good ideas! I wish I could paint my bookcases. I am thinking about covering them with paper...
Jennifer
kindertrips

Unknown said...

I just found your blog! Love your pictures:) I'm a new follower! I hope you'll check out my blog

Tammy
1...2...3...Teach With Me